THE MISSION OF THE WAYLAND HISTORICAL SOCIETY:
- To collect, study and conserve artifacts and records relating to the rich history of Wayland and its people.
- To preserve and maintain the 1740 Grout-Heard House as the home of the Wayland Historical Society.
- To provide support and/or collaborate with other organizations and individuals on programs and activities which are relevant to local history for residents of the community including school children.
- To assist the research of all who seek information on Wayland history.
- To disseminate information which will provide a fuller understanding of the traditions and the history of the Town of Wayland and its neighboring communities.